��At the Chapel, we emphasize that life is all about relationships. Our staff is made up of teams that work together--and that
We see ministry at the Chapel as a calling rather than a job—a calling to equip others, giving ministry away so that the diverse gifts of the Chapel family can be leveraged to make disciples. If you want to explore whether God �may be calling you to vocational ministry at the Chapel, we encourage you to review our open positions and submit an application.
For more information about Williamsburg Community Chapel, please read our Statement of Faith and Employee Covenant, which all employees are required to sign.
If you are interested in internship opportunities at the Chapel, please visit our Intern Positions page or email for more information.
Current Employment Opportunities
Applications are received and employees are hired without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, physical or mental handicap, veteran status, or citizenship status. Williamsburg Community Chapel does reserve the right to employ persons who have a Christian background and a philosophy of ministry and who, in the opinion of the Chapel, live a life that is consistent with our Employee Covenant.
We will confirm that we've received your application and will update you on the status of your application during the hiring process.
Young Adult Ministry Associate
The Young Adult Ministry Associate develops and executes a comprehensive program that enables young adults ages 18-28 (including college students) to connect, grow, and serve at the Chapel. Specific responsibilities include:
Connecting Young Adults to one another and the Chapel body by:
- Creating an inviting environment on Sunday mornings.
- Encouraging connections through the Adopt a Student ministry.
- Planning four events throughout the year to engage young adults.
- Developing partnerships with staff from other ministries on William and Mary and Thomas Nelson's campuses.
- Serving as a resource to former Student Ministry students who are away at college.
Establishing opportunities for young adults to grow in Christ and in community by:
- Promoting small groups and training young adults to lead small groups.
- Meeting one-on-one with young adults for ongoing discipleship.
- Providing a summer Bible study for college students.
Encouraging young adults to serve in the church, their community, and global contexts by:
- Creating an environment where young adults have opportunities to engage in service through local work projects and mission trip exposure through our missions team.
- Integrating service with small groups as part of the group's make up.
Other responsibilities include:
- Upholding the Chapel's Governing and Squaring the Church documents.
- Living a life that is consistent with the Chapel's employee covenant.
- Serving in other duties as assigned.
You must have an authentic and compelling personal faith in Jesus and a passion for preparing, challenging, and inspiring young adults to a life of Christian discipleship. This is a highly relational role requiring the ability to work offsite, independently and without direct supervision. The successful candidate will have proven experience leading, training, and developing younger adults. An understanding of this generation, to include the college culture, is imperative. Demonstrated success in developing and executing ministry programming is required. The successful candidate must have the ability to faithfully and creatively communicate the Gospel in an age-appropriate manner. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. In addition, computer competency is required. Proficiency on social media platforms used by young adults is desired. A Bachelor's degree and two-four years of experience in a ministry environment are required.
Due to the need for a frequent presence on the area's college campuses, a reliable mode of transportation, a valid driver's license, and a driving record which meets the requirements of our automobile insurance company are required.
This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week, Sunday and Tuesday-Friday with some evening and weekend events. Benefits include group health insurance and dental and vision insurance with an employer contribution; employer-provided life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, inclement weather leave, and holidays; and a 403b plan with employer match. To apply for this position, please click the "Submit an Online Application" button.