Our Mission OUR CORE BELIEFS OUR Constitution and Governance Our Annual Focus Our HistoryOur Consortium
Williamsburg Community Chapel is an interdenominational family of faith called to make disciples of Jesus Christ by:
- meeting people where they are on their spiritual journey
- getting people into God’s Word and God’s Word into people
- and preparing believers for works of service to foster unity and maturity in the Body of Christ
(from Matthew 28:19-20 and Ephesians 4:12-13)
Our Core Beliefs
With God's help, we stick to a short list of core beliefs that we consider essential for true Christian fellowship, and we do our best to "agree to disagree" on things that are nonessential. Below is our Statement of Faith, which includes what we believe.
Statement of Faith
The Williamsburg Community Chapel is constituted as an interdenominational church wherein all of those who love Jesus Christ and desire to serve Him may join in one common effort. The Statement of Faith to which this church adheres finds its expression in all of the great historic confessions of the true church of Jesus Christ. Those other elements which have caused confusion and division in the past within the Church of Jesus Christ shall not be permitted to destroy the unity of this body. Accordingly, we urge that attitudes of Christian love and tolerance be expressed toward those within the Body of Christ holding different points of view.
- In one God manifest in three Persons - The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.
- In the inspiration of all the Scriptures by the Holy Spirit, and that they are the final authority for our faith and practice.
- In the creation of the human race in God’s image as immortal, morally responsible beings whose purpose is to serve and glorify God. Mankind chose rather to serve self-interest and thus all have sinned, creating the need for individual reconciliation to God.
- In the Incarnation and Virgin Birth of the Lord Jesus Christ who, by His shed blood, substitutionary death, and bodily Resurrection, paid the redemptive price for our sins.
- In the salvation of all who trust the Lord Jesus Christ and the just condemnation of all who reject Him.
- In the work of God’s Spirit in the new birth, indwelling the believer, enabling him to grow in the likeness of Christ, and filling him with power to live a life committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- In the union of all believers as one body in Christ.
- In the bodily Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ to claim His own people and to set all things in order.
To view the Member's Covenant or for more information about how to become a member, please click the button below.
Our Constitution and Governance
To read our Constitution and Governance Documents, click the buttons below!
CONSTITUTION Governance Documents
We believe that our discipleship strategy, organizational structure, program priorities, and core values should align with our mission and vision. These four documents make up the process of "Squaring the Church".
DISCIPLESHIP STRATEGY ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
PROGRAM PRIORITIES Core Values
Our Annual Focus
To learn more about our Annual Focus: The Bible, please visit our Annual Focus and Current Message Series pages by clicking the buttons below.
Annual Focus CURRENT MESSAGE SERIES
In September of 1976, two William and Mary science professors and their wives sought to establish a fellowship committed to Christ, the essentials of the historic Christian faith, and ministry in the community of Williamsburg and around the world. They began meeting in their homes and as the body grew, they moved to meet in nearby Walsingham Academy. In 1989 the fellowship moved to its current location on John Tyler Highway. Over the years the building has grown and changed, but the purpose of the church has remained the same: to faithfully serve Jesus Christ and His mission to make disciples as an interdenominational family of faith.
The Williamsburg Community Chapel maintains an association with a group of churches in the Tidewater region of Virginia called the Hampton Roads Consortium. The Consortium was birthed out of the church planting efforts of the Tabernacle Church or Norfolk, as well as an additional church adopted into the Consortium. This group of aligned “sister” and “mother” churches are united in the vision and focus of being broadly evangelical and committed to global missions. Consortium churches share needed counsel and assistance by working together in global missions endeavors, gathering for special ministry and fellowship events, exchanging pulpits periodically, and praying for one another.
The Consortium consists of: Tabernacle Church of Norfolk, Centerpoint Community Church, James River Community Church, Peninsula Community Chapel, Virginia Beach Community Chapel, and the Williamsburg Community Chapel.