The entire form must be completed in one sitting. Exiting the form or refreshing the page will delete any answers already filled in. Once you click the "Submit Application" button at the bottom, your answers will be sent. If you have any questions regarding this application, please send them to .
Please read the Children's Ministry Mission Statement and the Statement of Faith in order to fill in the first fields of the form.
Children's Ministry Mission Statement
To partner with Jesus and families to make disciples by:
- meeting all children where they are. (CONNECT)
- helping children to grow to their full potential in Christ through knowing God and understanding His Word so they can respond in faith to a personal relationship with Jesus. (GROW)
- providing opportunities to discover and develop their gifts so they will desire to care for the needs of others and share their love of Jesus with everyone. (SERVE)
Children's Ministry Vision Statement
We believe that children are a gift from God (Ps. 127:3); that Scripture assigns to parents the privilege and responsibility of discipling their children (Deut. 6:4-9, Eph. 6:4) and that it is the church’s responsibility to equip parents to build a solid spiritual foundation in their children’s lives (Eph. 4:11-12). To accomplish these God-given tasks, we are committed to a Children’s Ministry in which:
Children of all abilities –
feel welcomed, supported and equipped to face daily challenges.
feel safe and experience the love God modeled through caring volunteers.
learn about Jesus, develop a personal relationship with him and share it with others.
learn to worship God through music, prayer, Bible study, and service.
discover and develop their gifts and talents thereby growing a heart of service for others.
Families are –
welcomed, supported and equipped to bring up their children “in the discipline and instruction of the Lord,” to actively participate in their children’s spiritual growth, and to strengthen family bonds.
offer a welcoming, safe and nurturing environment that models the love of God.
are equipped and encouraged to use their God-given gifts, resources and training to confidently and effectively minister to children.
We are excited about partnering with Jesus and families to faithfully serve Jesus Christ and His mission to make disciples as we Connect, Grow, and Serve.
The Elders of Williamsburg Community Chapel require that employees, Sunday School teachers, leaders of Small Groups and the committee members of ministries of the Chapel be members of the Chapel or affirm in writing their agreement with the Chapel’s Statement of Faith and Duties of Members/Leaders.
Statement of Faith*
The Williamsburg Community Chapel is constituted as an interdenominational church wherein all of those who love Jesus Christ and desire to serve Him may join in one common effort. The Statement of Faith to which this church adheres finds its expression in all of the great historic confessions of the true church of Jesus Christ. Those other elements, which have caused confusion and division in the past within the Church of Jesus Christ, shall not be permitted to destroy the unity of this body. Accordingly, we urge that attitudes of Christian love and tolerance be expressed toward those within the Body of Christ holding different points of view.
- In One God manifest in three Persons – The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.
- In the inspiration of all the Scriptures by the Holy Spirit, and that they are the final authority for our faith and practice.
- In the creation of the human race in God’s image as immortal, morally responsible beings whose purpose is to serve and glorify God. Mankind chose rather to serve self-interest and thus all have sinned, creating the need for individual reconciliation to God.
- In the Incarnation and Virgin Birth of the Lord Jesus Christ who, by His shed blood, substitutionary death, and bodily Resurrection, paid the redemptive price for our sins.
- In the salvation of all whom trust the Lord Jesus Christ and the just condemnation of all who reject Him.
- In the work of God’s Spirit in the new birth, indwelling the believer, enabling him to grow in the likeness of Christ, and filling him with power to live a life committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- In the union of all believers as one body in Christ.
- In the bodily Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ to claim His own people and to set all things in order.
Duties of Members/Leaders
Each member has the responsibilities in several areas: to himself, to the family, to the Pastor, to the Church, to fellow members, and to those outside the church.
- The duties of members to themselves are: continued submission to the Lordship of Christ in every area of life, the acquisition of and obedience to scriptural knowledge, continual growth toward maturity in Christ, and consistency of Christian behavior.
- The duties of members within the home are: to maintain devotions, to educate in Christian doctrine, and to pray for the salvation of their family.
- The duties of members to the Pastor and Elders are: to honor, esteem and love them; to pray for them regularly; to submit to them in the exercise of their scriptural authority; and to manifest a tender regard for their reputation.
- The duties of members to the church are: to be loyal to its programs; to pray regularly for its ministry, leadership, and people; and to contribute to its support with time and finances as God prospers.
- The duties of members to other members are: to demonstrate love toward all other members of the church and to promote their spiritual growth and well being.
- The duties of members to those outside the church are: to honor obligations and commitments; and as opportunity and ability enable, to commend the Gospel of Christ to them.
*Note: Signing this form does not constitute membership in the Chapel. If interested in becoming a member of the Chapel, please call the Chapel office (229-7152).