On a Sunday morning, you can expect:
- Two services at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- A service that lasts about 75 minutes including a 30-minute biblically-based sermon. You can view our current message series here.
- Blended worship, which includes hymns from the organ, praise from the choir, and songs led by the band. People stand during most songs, and some may raise their hands or lift their eyes, but feel free to engage with God however you are comfortable.
- A moment of offering. Our "offertory" is an opportunity for us to give back to God who gave everything for us.
- Communion, which is celebrated once a month.
Children's Ministry provides care and age-specific lessons for children ages 6 weeks-fifth grade. For more information, please click here.
Student Ministry offers a special service for Middle and High School students at 11 a.m. For more information, please click here.
Every September, we begin our new Annual Focus that sets the scope of our Sunday sermons for a year. Click the button below to visit our Current Message Series page to access the Annual Focus booklet, Key Dates calendar, and Sunday morning sermons.
We are a “small group” that ministers together and are anxious to add new members to our choir. We welcome those who love to sing, who preferably have experience with choral music, and who are committed to singing on a regular basis. The choir rehearses most Thursday nights from 7–9 p.m. beginning the week following Labor Day and continuing until early June.
Contact: Karen Thompson, (757) 941-1202,
The Praise Team is a group of singers and instrumentalists who work together to lead the congregation in musical worship each week. Believing musical worship is both expressive and formative, we hope to praise and glorify Jesus, encountering Him in our collective hearts and minds. Do you sing or play an instrument and desire to worship God with your musical gifts?
Contact: Tommy Vereb, (757) 941-1259,
Children in elementary and middle school with a desire to sing are invited to join the Children’s or Youth Choir. We ask that children and parents make a commitment to weekly rehearsals and participation in the Christmas Concerts.
Contact: Norma Champion, (757) 784-1954,
The Chapel Orchestra is an intergenerational group of chapel instrumentalists who periodically play in Chapel Sunday morning worship services. Rehearsals are scheduled as needed to prepare for performances.
Contact: June Horner, (757) 564-8789
The Handbell Choir plays periodically, and rehearsals are scheduled as needed to prepare for performances.
Contact: Marcia Budnikas, (757) 871-0405
We have many more volunteer opportunities within the Connect Team such as the Welcome Team, Usher Team, Floral Guild, and more!
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE CONNECT TEAM VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES