You can give via Text-to-Give whenever you desire. Text-to-Give is for one-time giving which is an effective way to give if you are unable to attend a service or want to respond to a specific request for ministry support. Financial gifts may still be made by cash or check on Sunday mornings, by mail or by Online Giving.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to begin Text to Give:
- Text the amount you would like to give (such as $25 or 25) to 757-379-8855. Use a decimal point ONLY when indicating cents in your donation (1.25 = $1.25; 125 = $125.00).
- If you are a first time, text-giving donor, you will be prompted to visit a secure URL to create your Text-to-Give account.
- Once you click on the registration link, you will enter your credit card or debit card information.
- At this point your donation will process.
- You will see a confirmation text showing your donation and registration were successful.
How to Give to Different Funds
- If you only text a monetary value, the funds are attributed to the Chapel's General Fund.
- If you text a monetary value and the word KEYWORD, you will receive a text including a list of the fund names to which you can donate.
- Respond with the keyword of the corresponding fund.
Other Text-Giving Tips
- If you text “Help” you will receive a reply text that states: “To give, enter the amount you want to give, such as 100. You can also give to a specific fund by typing the keyword after your amount, such as 100 NEXT.”
- If you text “Reset” you will receive a reply text that states: “Saved card information successfully removed. Please register your card information again when making your next gift by texting an amount to this number."
Q: Is it safe to give using Text-to-Give?
A: Yes. Our processor is a Level 1 Certified PCI Compliant Service Provider. This means it conforms to the highest set of security standards in the payment card industry. All personal, credit card, and bank information is submitted using 256-bit encryption. There is no stronger form of protection than this encryption.
Q: Why should I set up an account?
A: The Chapel highly encourages members and regular attendees to create accounts. Text-to-Give can be through your bank or by credit card. Creating an account stores your basic information in the secure system to provide a quicker and more convenient way to give.
Q: Will I still receive regular contribution statements from the Chapel?
A: Yes. The Chapel will continue to send year-end contribution statements to your address on file for your financial records.
Q: How will I know that I set up my gift correctly?
A: Immediately after submitting your contribution, you will receive an email and/or text message verifying your contribution.
Q: I have additional questions about Text-to-Give donations that have not been addressed. Who can I talk to?
A: For any questions, concerns or comments about the Text-to-Give system, please contact the Finance Team at or call 757-941-1569. You will receive a response from our staff as soon as possible.