We partner with parents to build a biblically-centered foundation for their children's lives. Lessons and small groups focus on the foundational truths of Jesus and provide opportunities to know and experience Him. Our curriculum is called the Gospel Project by Lifeway. The major benefits to Gospel Project are:
1. Biblically-centered lessons
2. It works start to finish in the Bible - curriculum will cover the entire Bible every 3 yrs.
3. Same Bible story for Early Childhood and Elementary on Sundays. There is consistency throughout all Children's Ministry.
Click the button below to check out weekly activity sheets that include the Bible memory verse, Bible story summary with Scripture reference, and family activities and discussion starters.
Meet our Summer Interns
Click the button below to read about our 2019 summer interns.
Vacation Bible School
July 22 - 26
The Greatest Adventure: Discover His Wild, Wonderful Ways!
Partner with VBS
- Invite - 100+ Initiative
- Serve - Volunteer at VBS. THANK YOU for your donations, we have all the baby food jars we need!
- Pray - Pray for preparations, children, and volunteers
Click the button below for more information and to volunteer or register your children.
Table Talk for Parents
Sign up for text alerts to get reminders and notifications from Children's Ministry. Text WCCPARENTS to 41411.
Follow @wcchapel757 for updates, reminders, and pictures from events here at the Chapel and within Children's Ministry.
To get started in the volunteer process, please complete the required volunteer form.
Once submitted, a Children's Ministry staff member will contact you to complete the new volunteer process steps in preparation for serving.
Are you a parent interested in serving alongside our volunteers in your child's class? Please click the button below to go through our three-step process for getting involved. Scroll down to find more details about volunteer opportunities.
Baptism and Communion Videos
Here are two videos to watch at home with your child(ren) to help them prepare for the Sundays they will be in the Main Worship room.
There are many ways to use your skills and gifts serving in Children's Ministry. For more details or to get started in the volunteering process, please contact . The following is a list of the many ways you can be involved:
- Children's Ministry Welcome Desk Greeter - Greet visiting families and help them get their children checked in
- Chill-out Room Leader - Preschool-elementary children play here at 9 a.m. if they have parents attending church and serving in Children's Ministry
- Preschool or Elementary Large Group Leader - Teach Bible lesson to all of the classes together in a large group setting
- Materials Team - Help with material preparation during the week
- Nursery Caregiver - Lovingly care for children 6 weeks old through 2 years old
- Small Group Leader - Lead a small group of children through activities in the classroom that review the lesson and verse
- Substitute - Help fill unexpected gaps in various roles
- Tech Assistant - join the large group portion and help run PowerPoint, play the music, and handle microphone needs
- Worship Buddy - Receive training to "buddy" with children with special needs, allowing them to participate in children's worship (see Worship Buddy info below)
- Worship Leader - Lead our large groups in singing
- Weekday Caregiver - Join us weekday mornings (T, W, or Th) leading a small group of children, lovingly caring for them as you engage in interactive activities and teach a lesson
Sunday Morning Schedule
9 a.m. & 11 a.m.
Children may be checked-in 15 minutes before each service begins.
Sunday morning is where children spend time learning and worshiping through song, stories, games, and small groups.
The nursery is for the Chapel’s littlest ones (6 weeks old through 6 months old). Ages 24 months and up will get relevant stories that will introduce them to God's love.
Children ages 3 through5 will enjoy both large and small group styles of learning. They'll first gather into smaller age-specific groups, followed by large group, where they'll sing songs, jump and dance to worship music, and hear a lesson about God in a fun, easy-to-understand way. Then, going back to their small group, they'll talk more about the lesson and pray with their small group leaders.
K through 5th graders begin and end in grade-specific small groups and attend large groups together during their time on Sunday morning. In small groups, they will have focused time in the Bible and learn from each other and their leader. Your child's name tag will identify the class he/she will attend.
If you’re visiting for the first time, you will need to sign-up at the Children’s Ministry Welcome Desk (see map). In order to check-in more quickly, you may complete the Visitor Registration form to bring with you to the desk. A copy of the form can be found by clicking the button below. You will then receive a check-in tag, a security sticker for each child, and a welcome bag. Children and parents will then be ushered to the proper location.
For your convenience, you can now print out our weekly Nursery Childcare Information Sheet and fill it in before coming to church.
- Parent Paging
You will be given a pager upon checking-in your child. If we need you during the service, the pager will vibrate to notify that you are needed at the Children’s Ministry Welcome Desk.
- Child Pick-up
You must present your portion of the security sticker before we release your child. Return your pager in the designated baskets.
back to top ^
Health & Safety
We require all our volunteers to be appropriately screened and trained, and we maintain strict teacher-to-child ratios to ensure safe care. For the health of all our children, children must be free from fever or symptoms of contagious disease for 24 hours. Let us know of any allergies or medical conditions your child may have so that we may best serve the needs of your child.
back to top ^
Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. in the Orange Room (Door West 2) in Children's Ministry Preschool Hall
Fall dates TBD
“Story Truths” is a Christian-based story time for preschool-aged children (ages 3 through 5) and their parents. Children will hear stories that emphasize biblical truths in a simple and fun way that they can understand.
Children in elementary and middle school with a desire to sing are invited to join the Children’s/Youth Choir. Click the button below for details and contact information.
Child Dedication (6 weeks old through Preschool)
The Chapel believes children are a gift from God and celebrates parents who choose to raise their children with godly principles. A child dedication is an opportunity for parents to publicly and personally commit to raising their children in a manner that honors God, and for our community of faith to join in that commitment. If you would like to dedicate your child, please contact Ben Willis, , for more details.
Does the Bible instruct us to raise our children with an understanding of who God is?
From the beginning, God has meant for parents to raise their children in a manner that leads them to know and trust their heavenly Father.
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on doorposts of your house and on your gates."
back to top ^
Child Baptism (K through 5th)
For information on baptism, please click the child baptism button below.