The Williamsburg Community Chapel is part of an association of churches in the Tidewater region of Virginia called the Hampton Roads Consortium. This group of aligned churches are united in the vision and focus of making disciples of Jesus Christ and maintaining cooperative partnerships with each other. Consortium churches all share the common values of leadership development, world missions, church planting, local outreach, as well as biblical teaching and preaching. The lead pastors of these churches meet regularly to share needed counsel and assistance, coordinate special ministry and fellowship events, exchange pulpits periodically, and pray for one another.
The Consortium consists of: Tabernacle Church of Norfolk, Centerpoint Community Church, James River Community Church, Peninsula Community Chapel, Virginia Beach Community Chapel, Eastside Church and the Williamsburg Community Chapel.
Below you will find current job opportunities from our consortium family:
Eastside Church: Children's Ministry Coordinator
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator is responsible for the children’s ministry of Eastside Church, including faith development, safety, and discipleship. Eastside’s Children’s Ministry exists to love, nurture, and train children in grades K-5, with the Good News of Jesus Christ. This involves creating a loving, inviting, and safe experience for children on Sunday mornings and during other special events scheduled for children and their families. Under Staff direction, and with the help of volunteers, Eastside Children’s Ministry builds trusting relationships with children and their families through Bible-based activities that encourage: prayer; faith in God and His promises; belief in and acceptance of Jesus as Savior; and cooperation with the Holy Spirit in living and treating others as He wants us all to do. Eastside Children’s Ministry encourages children to recognize and use their God-given gifts and to share the Good News with others. The team collaborates with other Eastside ministry teams for larger church events and neighborhood outreach. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide a warm, welcoming, and friendly learning environment for children and their families.
- Acquire or develop theologically aligned and developmentally appropriate Children’s Ministry resources and curriculum.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate Children’s Ministry volunteers, and meet with them regularly to equip and encourage.
- Ensure staff and volunteer compliance with Eastside Church’s Child Protection Manual and other governing documents.
- Develop and implement any additional sanitation, safety, and protection protocols.
- Communicate the needs of the children’s program to the congregation and church leadership.
- Organize, set up, and stock classrooms with teaching materials, supplies, and snacks.
- Coordinate and provide leadership in developing and implementing outreach ministries focused on children’s activities.
- Provide or suggest resources for parents that will assist them in discipling their children.
- Assist in adult worship services as needed or requested.
- Meet with the Lead Pastor as needed or requested.
- Serve in other duties as assigned.
- Possesses an authentic faith in Jesus Christ and relies upon Him for all wisdom, guidance, and direction.
- Is passionate about partnering with parents in their children’s discipleship journey.
- Paid or volunteer experience in children’s ministry.
- Is an equipper who is able to work with all kinds of people, easy to approach, warm, strong enough to confront in love, able to handle multiple tasks and the stress of leadership.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ministry skills and experience are optimal.
This is a part-time position, not to exceed an average of 29 hours a week. Benefits include vacation, inclement weather leave, volunteer leave, paid holidays, and a 403b plan with employer match. To apply for this position, please click the button below.
I want to apply!