Every Sunday, from 06/13/2021 to 11/28/2021, 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
EVERYONE HAS A NEXT STEP. WHAT'S YOURS?
A relationship with Jesus Christ can be likened to a journey (and an exciting one at that!). Like any journey, Jesus asks us to follow Him one step at a time (Matthew 16:24; Mark 1:17; John 1:43). Everyone is at a different point on their spiritual journey and our desire is to help you take your next step — whatever that might be.
Maybe you are seeking to connect with others in biblical community through a small group. Maybe you are looking to serve Jesus and His kingdom. Maybe you would like to become more committed as a disciple of Jesus Christ through baptism or becoming a member of the Chapel. Or maybe you are wondering how to start this exciting journey of faith in Jesus Christ.
Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, please let us know how we can help you take your next step in connecting more deeply to Jesus Christ and His community here at our church.
If this is your first time learning about us, please visit our "I'm New" page by clicking the button below.
Baptism is an outward expression of an inward transformation. The Chapel’s Mission Statement is based on the Great Commission found in Matthew 28. In this commission, Jesus gives one command with three applications and one promise. The command is to make disciples, and we do this by going, baptizing, and teaching. In light of this command, we believe the role baptism plays in this discipleship process is that it gives people the opportunity to publicly proclaim how Jesus has transformed their lives. Our hope is that as we experience this celebration of baptism and witness these testimonies of transformation, we will be reminded of the truth of Jesus’ promise at the end of Matthew 28 that He is surely with us always, even to the very end of the age.
Membership at the Chapel is a covenant commitment. Not only do you commit to partner more faithfully with our mission of making disciples, but we also commit to support you in your own discipleship journey. For this reason, we believe membership at the Chapel is an important part of a person’s faith journey and demonstrates a growing commitment to Christ’s work in the world through the church. We would love for you to consider committing to our Chapel family by going through our membership process! Please keep reading below for more information about membership at the Chapel.
The Commitments of a New Member Include:
- To continue in submission to the lordship of Christ in every area of life.
- To grow in your relationship with Christ through prayer, the reading of His Word, and being in fellowship with others.
- To pray for the Chapel, its ministries, its leadership, and its people.
- To support the Chapel with time, talents, and treasures.
Characteristics of a Member:
- People whose only hope for salvation is in Jesus Christ.
- People whose lives are being changed by Christ.
- People who want to become more committed to Christ and to the Chapel and its ministries.
How to Become a Member:
- If you agree with our Core Beliefs and are interested in membership, please contact Hunter Ruch, (757)941-1246, .
- Participate in our Starting Point class.
- Click the button below to view our Statement of Faith and Member's Covenant form, and print and return a signed copy to the Chapel.
- Meet with a Pastor and Elder.